Printable Download - PDF File
Vintage Recipe Cards - Editable
What is a Printable?
- A printable is a ready to print PDF file that can be downloaded for a small fee or for free.
- This file can be printed instantly at home or with a professional print shop or online printer.
- To keep the prices low we are unable to customize our printables for you.
- The colors, fonts and size of our printables can not be changed.
- The wording of our printables can not be changed, unless the product description includes 'editable'. You can then edit specified fields on your own in Adobe Acrobat.
How to purchase a printable?
- Click ADD TO CART
- Click CART (right top)
- Click CHECK OUT
- Fill out details, click CONTINUE
- Fill out Payment method (Credit Card or PayPal)
- Complete order
- Click DOWNLOAD PURCHASES or click download link in confirmation email.
Instructions for personalizing the wording (** only possible if product description includes 'editable'.)
- Save the PDF file onto your computer.
- Right click on the file and open it with Adobe Acrobat. If you do not already have this program, download it for free at https://get.adobe.com/reader Using other programs may cause issues typing your wording and saving the file, it could also alter the design and colors.
- Type your wording in the blank fields in this file.
- When you've finished typing your wording, save your PDF file and name it.
Instructions for home printing
One of the most convenient and quick options is to print your PDF from home.
- Check what the maximum paper thickness is for your printer model. Be aware, paper that’s too thick could jam and damage print heads.
- Visit a paper store or office supply store to view and purchase your 8.5” x 11” or A4 cardstock.
- In your print settings, make sure in the ‘Size Options’ section ‘Actual size’ is selected. Make sure to set your print settings with the correct paper type and the correct quality mode. Colors tend to vary depending on your monitor, printer and cardstock.
- If there is a backside to your printable, print 1 side first, then put the printed page back into your printer to print the other side next.
- If needed, trim your printables with an X-acto knife or use a paper cutter for best results. Scissors can also work. If you have a large quantity to trim, many local copy shops have paper cutters or offer affordable bulk cutting rates.
Instructions for printing at an (online) print shop
If you do not have a home printer or you need to print a large quantity, (online) print shops can be the most cost effective option. They provide many paper options, cutting and their printing quality can be a lot nicer than a home printer. You can either visit a print shop or you can upload your file directly online to some of the bigger print shops (such as FedEx Office, Staples, Vistaprint).
What paper should I use?
Check what the maximum paper thickness is for your printer model, this is usually between 60-80 lb cardstock.
If you can’t find this info in the printer manual, contact your manufacturer. Be aware: paper that’s too thick could jam and damage print heads.
I can't save my editable printable, what's wrong?
Most probably you didn't open your printable in Adobe Acrobat. If you double clicked on the PDF file, it often opens in your web browser or in preview, this doesn't let you save. Open the file in Adobe Acrobat. If you do not already have this program, you can download it for free at https://get.adobe.com/reader
Can I post about your printables on my blog / website?
Sure! We love seeing our designs pop up on different blogs and sites. You are welcome to post about us, but please be sure to credit us in your blog or website and link to the product page, not directly to the PDF file. We also love seeing our work on Pinterest, so if you’d like to pin any of our designs, feel free to pin away!
More details can be found in our FAQ
We have put a lot of time and effort into creating our printables and we hope you enjoy them!
What you are allowed to do:
- Print them as many times as you like for personal use only.
- Use a print out of the printables to create personal gifts for others. This is only allowed in printed product form and for non-commercial purpose.
- Edit our 'editable printables' in the designated fields.
- Feel free to share photos of the printable projects you've made or links to our product pages or tutorials. Please always tag @lovevsdesign and #lovevsdesign
What you are NOT allowed to do:
- Resell or commercially redistribute our printables in any way digitally or printed.
- Forward, share or redistribute the digital files. Email our printable files to your family, friends or customers. You purchased a license for personal use only. If others like to use the printable, they'll have to purchase their own license.
- Share our printable PDF files in any other way, such as on a website, blog, social media outlet, file sharing service, hosting site, USB drive, CD, DVD, etc.
- Modify our printables or use any parts of our designs to recreate a new design. It is not allowed to add a logo or graphic to our printables.
- Remove any copyright notations from the printable templates
- Use our printables for giveaways.
All artwork remains the copyright of Love vs Design, including the graphics, illustration, design elements, wording, images and photos.
If you'd like to feature our content on your own site or social media, you can use up to 3 images per project.
If you have any questions, please contact us! Thank you!
About the Company
Love vs Design is an online stationery boutique based out of Los Angeles since 2010. We specialize in Printable Downloads, so you can instantly download and print our designs on your own. We create non-traditional stationery items like signs and decor for weddings, wall art, year planners and recipe cards. We work with a team of talented designers, photographers and illustrators from around the world to create new designs.
We have always been fascinated by design and enjoy doing things a little bit differently. We're inspired by so many things, whether it’s the colors we see on our daily excursions, food we eat or photos we shoot while traveling, everything has the potential to spark an idea for a new design.
Our customers are also our inspiration. We really care about our customers and not only design for them, but treat them how we’d like to be treated.
As the creative director and founder of Love vs. Design, I obsess over type, colors, graphics and details. I discovered a passion for stationery after designing for my own wedding. When designing stationery, I found that the possibilities for innovation and artistic exploration were endless…I loved it! That’s why I started LVD - to do what I love.
Prior to LVD, I worked in the beauty and action sports industry. When I'm not behind my computer I enjoy exploring new things, eating a nice meal, changing sceneries, bugging my cats and surrounding myself with people I love. Although I consider myself to be a very laid back individual, I’m also very determined and passionate about anything I love, including LVD. My goal is to live a balanced life; to work hard, but also to be able to slow down and enjoy life every once in awhile.
As the Operations Director and Co-Founder of Love vs. Design, I wear a lot of hats. On a day-to-day basis, I try to make sure that you, our customers, have the best user experience possible.
Before LVD, I worked in the Action Sports in the skate/surf/snow industry. Although this might seem like the furthest thing from the wedding industry, I feel like my background has helped me to take a unique approach to the marketing and branding of Love vs Design.
When I’m not working on LVD projects, I enjoy running, snowboarding, surfing, traveling around the world, and visiting our family across the U.S., Holland, Korea, and Guam. I’m also an avid photographer; and find the ability to capture an individual’s story through the medium of photography fascinating. I love experiencing and documenting random situations. Through my travels I have been fortunate enough to photograph so many ‘strangers’. I enjoy catching a glimpse of what truly makes an individual unique.
We have really enjoyed building this company together and feel like that passion for our business shows in everything we do at LVD. Thank you for reading this. If you have any questions or want to say hi, please do, we’d love to hear from you!
Find out more about our Featured Artists and Photographers on their bio pages.
These Recipe Cards can be filled out in Adobe Acrobat so you don't have to hand write them.
Size: 4" x 6" | 102mm x 152mm
Set up: 4 pages total, 2 cards on 8.5" x 11" page or A4, front and back and 4 different dividers.
Colors: Gray, Orange
No printed cards will be mailed to you. After you purchase this digital item, you can instantly download your PDF to print on your own.