Posted on December 11 2013
Today we're excited to introduce you to one of our favorite photographers Amelia Lyon. When Jen was planning our own wedding nearly 5 years ago, Amelia was one of the photographers on her inspiration boards. We really enjoy her colorful and playful style. This year we're excited to have used some of her photos for our Holiday Card templates. Many of these designs you might have already seen on our website in the last few months.
- I grew up in Southern California, Chino Hills to be specific!
- I am currently a portrait and wedding photographer, but most days I get to be a mom!:)
- I don't get to spend a ton of time online because I'm a mother of three, so when I sit in front of a computer it is to work and not browse around. I LOVE listening to good music, it really lifts me up and inspires me, especially prior to a shoot! Right now I'm really into Bon Iver, Dr Dog, Ra Ra Riot, (always) Jimmy Eat world, The XX, Rihanna, Jonsi, Grouplove, Radiohead (always), and The Killers.
- My photography style is colorful, playful, emotional, and when I shoot, I try to capture subject so that it feel larger than life!
- I shoot with a 5D Mark II and my favorite lens is the 35 mm 1.4
- My favorite thing about photography is that I get to work with happy people who don't mind showing love in front of my lens, my favorite "thing" to shoot is a wedding:)
- Proud of my family, my business, my work, and am grateful I get to do what I love every time I work.